Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not such a fun day...

Well, this morning Leah woke up with a very snotty nose and a really bad cough. We went to see Dr Mutch and her RSV screening was positive. So...she is home and doing ok but only after chest xrays, breathing treatments, oxygen saturation monitoring and a steroid injection. I think Dr Mutch was a bit concerned when he first saw her breathing and her belly was working so hard and you could see the rib retractions. We have to call in the morning to let him know how she is and maybe go back for a check up depending on how the night goes. But as for now she is sitting in my lap pulling off her socks and trying to help me type...so that is normal fun Leah Kay. Pray for us to have a good night! Thanks!
Love,
Susan

2 comments:

Marc & Amy said...

Oh Susan! Poor little Leah! Thanks for the heads up-- so far we haven't had any of the coughing stuff, just lots of snot & nasal gunk, but I'll keep my eye out for it. I will pray that Leah gets to feeling better & has a good night tonight! Hang in there!

The Thompsons said...

Still sorry to hear that Leah has such a nasty virus, but I am glad that she is doing better this morning. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my little one (or bigger one for that matter) doesn't come down with it...so far so good, but I don't think we are in the clear just yet. Keep us posted.