Monday, November 16, 2009

Two Celebrations Today!

Do you remember me? Yup, you sure do! This is the very first picture uploaded to the blog one year ago today. It's my nine month picture. So, Happy 1st Birthday The Martin Family's Happy Days. Since this was my nine month picture one year ago that could only mean...





I'm 21 months old today!


And what a beautiful day to go outside and take some pictures!

Lucy sure is a good buddy! I'm glad I have such a loving lazy hound dog to share my days with.
Speaking of hounds one of my newest traits is learning all of my family's dogs names. George and Annie's dog is Memph (Memphis), Meme's dog is Mar (Marley), my neighbor's dogs are Bud and Mack (Buddy and Maxie) and my stuffed dog is Icky (Ricky). And I don't forget where a dog should be when I go there. Yesterday we went to see Pa and Grandma and I didn't see Memphis. I looked at my Pa and said "Memph?" But he was taking a walk with his family.
Which leads me to tell about what I got to do yesterday...Pa let me DRIVE the TRUCK all by myself in the field. It sure is fun to "dibe da tuck" aka drive the truck. I can turn the wheel and decide where we should go next.
Some other new things I'm doing and saying...
*Climbing on and off most couches and chairs by myself.
*I can say one color and recognize it now...PINK!
*I know all of my cousins by name.
*I know lots of body parts and LOVE to talk about them and point them out to anyone willing to have me show them where his eye, ear, teeth, etc are.
*I know all of my clothes and I really love pockets in my pants or 'jack' aka jacket.
*To go along with animal sounds I'm starting to actually say the animals. A few are Monkey Cow and Dog.
*I am starting to be scared for people I love. Like when Meme went in the balloon I cried when the fire lit and I am very concerned for Dada when he blows leaves.
*I love waking Mommy up on the weekend. I come in the room when Daddy opens the door just saying "mamamamama" and then I get in the bed with her and pat her on the back and give her a sweet kiss.
*I can ask for exactly what I want to drink...milk, water, chocolate (chocolate milk) and juice.
*I can't eat tomatoes or tomato sauce...it's hard on my bum. But hey at least we know not to give that to me now.
*I LOVE vegetables and will eat as much as you'll let me.
As you can see I'm a growing, changing, and happy girl. I can't wait to see what my 21st month of life brings my way!
Happy Monday everone!
Love,
Leah

No comments: