Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Long Day

When Leah woke up this morning I knew she didn't feel very good. She didn't want to eat breakfast and she didn't want to feed Lucy either. When I came upstairs from feeding Lucy I opened the door and accidentally hit Leah in the head. She was crying and we just sat down and snuggled. Quickly she fell asleep (at 10 in the morning which she never does). She slept about an hour or so and just got hotter and hotter the whole time I was holding her. When she woke up and I checked her temp and it was 103.3! I gave her some Tylenol and got an appointment with Dr Nichols. After a chest xray (which during the whole time she screamed for Dada) and CBC she's now diagnosed with pneumonia in her right upper lobe. Dr N thinks it viral but has her on antibiotics just in case it's bacterial.

Leah has perked up a bit this evening and I fixed some of her favorite food for supper...rice and broccoli...and she has her Daddy now. She seems to be a much happier gal. I just hope her fever stays down tonight.

1 comment:

Marc & Amy said...

oh no, Susan!!! Poor gal. Should we be worried for Caroline since it seems like she gave it to Leah in the first place? Tell me whatcha know. Hang in there-- did YOU get some good drugs for your sinuses?