Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Quirky 28 Month Old Gal

Hi everyone!  Hope you're all doing well.  Leah was 28 months old yesterday!  Can you believe it?

She is such a fun spirited little lady.  Leah is always looking out for the next person to have some fun with.  This morning it happened to be her cousin George!  When he got here this morning he helped me get her up and ready for the day.  And they spent ALL day together and she loved it!


So, why the 'quirky' titile?  Well Leah is very particular about some things.  For instance she goes up and down steps very well.  She's never fallen nor had any trouble.  BUT she has to hold on the the railing with her right hand when going down.  I know it sounds funny but she'll only go by herself if she can hold on with her right hand!  Quirky right?  Another funny quirk Leah doesn't like vanilla ice cream.  Not out of the freezer, Mr Goodies, or anywhere!  She won't eat vanilla ice cream unless it's swirled with chocolate or orange or has some type of fruity sauce on it or served with cake.  Quirk #3 my girl has to have clean hands.  She doesn't like them to be sticky or dirty.  She's very good at washing her hands because of this.  So I guess it's not a bad thing!  I guess #4 is for our benefit but Leah has a very strict bedtime routine.  We have a bath, then we get ready for bed, read stories snuggled up in our big bed, kiss Effie, Ricky, Baby and our new addition Bunny and then we all have a group hug.  THEN she gets in her crib and has music from her mobile (yes I know she's not supposed to have a mobile now but hey I'm not changing things!!!).  Leah goes right on to sleep without any fuss at all!  


Some other updates
*She's NOT into potty training.  We gave a solid week of trying and NO luck.  So we'll try again later!
*VOCABULARY is amazing!  And she's learning more and more everyday!
*ABCs are a piece of cake.  She knows all of the letters.  I think her favorite is Q.  She always loves to say Q! (Quirk!)
*Counting, well, let's just say she has her own way of counting.  1 1 1 1 5 6 7 9!  Yup, it's weired.  (I guess another Quirk)  Maybe it's a new golden ratio and she'll be a genius one day!
*Loves to clean up!  She puts books away all by herself and will do laundry anytime she can.
*Loves loves loves all of her cousins Madison Mya George and Annie.  Her aunts Darla and Kate and her uncles Jim, Ben, Levi (Vi) and Andrew.  She never looks for me or Paul when she's with them.
*Leah has discovered the vastness of Meme's backyard. She loves going down the big hill to the lilac bushes then around the fence and up to Granddaddy's tractor.  
*As you can tell by Creek Walkers Leah loves Bull Branch with her Papa!
*Went swimming yesterday and loved it!  She didn't like wearing her float so much so we'll look into lessons very soon.    

It's hard to sum up all of Miss Leah is one post.  But I like doing the monthly updates.  She's always changing so much and is having so much fun being 28 months old.  Leah is a joy to us everyday and I love sharing this joy on our blog.  I hope everyone enjoys it as well!  

Here's to a Happy 28th Month Miss Leah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame Leah for not liking plain vanilla ice cream! That's not quirky! gotta have some special toppings sometimes!
GaVa

Anonymous said...

Could always put some BANANAs on her ice cream!!!