The reveal cake...
It's a ....
Girl!
Issac is Sam's youngest son.
Caleb is Sam's oldest son.
Becky with her girls Tessa and Norah.
Sweet Sweet Embri!
Muriel is a fun girl!
We ate cake in the kitchen floor so the kids wouldn't make a mess in the living room. It wasn't my idea but Sam wanted to!
L to R
Tessa, Embri, Muriel, Elaina, Norah, Caleb, Issac and Leah
Leah did very well sharing all of her toys this morning. She loved having a house full of friends!
Sam with the quilt Mama made.
Sam and her boys! (That's her husband Lance.)
For the past 2 years I've been blessed to work with Sam. She and I have worked almost every Friday and Saturday night together since last September when she came back from maternity leave with her son Issac. She is expecting her third child...a baby girl...in September. She and her family are also moving next week to New Hampshire for Lance to go to school to get his DPT (that's a doctorate in physical therapy). My work buddies and I gave Sam a little brunch shower this morning. We had a lot of fun celebrating Sam's little baby. It was fun having Angel and Bethany (who I didn't get a pictures of!!!) Sam and Becky all here this morning. I'm such a lucky person to have wonderful co-workers who are all helpful to their staff and caring to all of our patients.
I can't write this post without telling the story of the quilt. A few months ago I bought the fabric for the quilt. Originally Sam wasn't going to find out the baby's sex so I picked a fun dog theme. I started on it a few weeks ago thinking I'd get it done without any problem. Well.... between day camp and going to the beach July has been a very short month! So last weekend before going to the beach I called my Mama and said "Can you make Sam's quilt for me? All I've done is piece the blue and brown blocks. I'm not gonna finished it!!!" Well, my Mama said "Bring it here!" And she finished it for me! Thank you Mama! I love you!














1 comment:
i've been blessed too and i'm going to miss sam. thanks so much for hosting such a fun shower. it was so nice to get together and i think we should do it more often. all of us mommies deserve grown up time and the kids seemed to have fun together. thank you!
Post a Comment