Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shutter Speed



Yesterday Leah and I went out after supper.  I've been having fun experimenting with my camera.  I think I've gotten pretty good at opening the aperture up on my camera to make the fuzzy background in Leah's pictures.  The fuzziness is called 'bokeh' and I really like it.  I've been taking pictures like this for about the past 6 months.  So I have challenged myself to start playing with the shutter speed.  What can I do with that?  Well considering I have an active 3 year old I thought I could get some cool shots of her running like in the first picture and turning in a circle that's in second picture.  Now I know they won't win any awards but I do like the effects I captured.  I think I'll try it again.  I wonder if Lucy is active enough to get a fun shutter effect?  Probably not!

No comments: