Saturday, April 14, 2012

Being 4

On Tuesday Daddy and I were outside fixing the front yard.  Leah was in a terrible mood because I wouldn't let her watch a movie and I put on the 'wrong shoes'.  I was expressing my dislike of our disagreements and Daddy kindly told me "Pa Ree always told me it's only gonna get worse."

This little conversation with my Daddy really kinda sums up having a 4 year old little girl.
I love her more than anything.  I just hope that I'm graced with an ability to pick battles that only need to be fought and won.  And to let the other issues go.

OK, now let's have the 4 year old take over.
Miss Leah does have a lot to say about being 4!

I'm a very smart gal!  I can count to 20, recognize all my letters and numbers and I can match most of the little letters with the big letters.

I like to trace letters and my name.  I can even make the L and H without any help at all!

Thanks to Dora I know my colors and can count in Spanish.  (Mommy knows a little Spanish so we enjoy our conversations in Spanish.)  I also know quite a few Spanish words/expressions and use them in my everyday conversation.

Being outside is a favorite activity of mine.  Especially in the Spring!
I can water my flowers and Mommy's herbs.
I play with Lucy and pretend I'm a puppy.
I kick my soccer ball all over the back yard.
Bubbles.
Chalk.

And, one of the best things Mommy has done is fix my sandbox!  I can go outside and play by myself while Mommy sits on the deck.  We're separate but together.  It's great!

For some reason I've decided I want a baby chicken.  (Mommy is very excited to have another person in our house who wants a few chickens!)  I think the baby chick will sleep in my room with me.  (I don't think so!)  So don't be surprised if my Mommy and I go buy a chicken and coop!


I love the back yard!  It's so nice being outside and having the nice fence to help keep me safe.

But what if I can open it all by myself?
Yup, that's right.  I can go in and out of the fence all by myself.  
That's why Mommy is outside with me when I'm out.  
Mommy thinks 4 year olds aren't trust worthy!

Guess what else I can do!  
Operate the TV, the phone, the iPhone, the play station...
Geez, why do adults say technology is so challenging?

This is my Gigi.  We got hats together.  And we love our new hats.  Gigi's favorite color is yellow.  Mine is pink!  Guess what Gigi and I were doing in the picture.  Being sassy!  I love that word and do the perfect little dance to describe 'sassy'.

Oh, I could go on about what being 4 is like.  But I am just the sweetest, most sassy, blessed gal you've ever met. I love my family and that's what really matters to me.  And having fun!

Happy Spring!

Love,
Leah



No comments: