My favorite photographer posted on her Facebook page some answers to FAQs.
One answer was to the question "How do you edit to make the subject's eyes pop?"
Well it's not edited... they're called catch lights.
And so I had to figure out how to make 'catch lights'.
Leah and I went out to accomplish the 'catch lights' task after asking Mrs. Google how to do this.
And for the first time of trying this I don't think I did too bad.
But I really didn't intend for the overall effect to be orange!
Orange is what Leah happened to have on and the lighting for the effect was best on the side of our orange hued brick house.
This one was a little different. All the other pictures are in natural sunlight.. this one uses the flash. Different but I think it's ok.
So, there's my first attempt at 'catch lights'.









2 comments:
I took a photography class in Richmond a few weeks ago and the photographer spent 20 minutes or so on 'catch lights' :). I saw Sara's post the other day, too! I think you did a great job for your first shot! Sara always gets the best catch lights!
Thanks so much Ryan! And Sara is awesome.
Post a Comment