Saturday, March 9, 2013

Being 5

I'm very studious.  I love to trace letters and I'm getting the hang of writing a few letters without any help.  I'm very good at writing my name now and I've finally mastered writing the small e.  That's quite a challenging letter for little folks.

I know all of my big and little letters and the sounds they make.  And I can figure out what letter a word starts with when I sound out the word.

I know all of my numbers and even enjoy doing simple addition and subtraction with Mommy.  Very simple but I can do it!

I really don't like it when I'm interrupted.  I like to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
Needless to say this can be kinda challenging to Mommy and has made her come up with some creative punishments (aka consequences in modern terms). However the good old fashioned timeout is still the most effective.

 I still love having my nails painted.  But now I like to paint Mommy's.  I'm getting pretty good at it too!

I've had my 5 year old check up.  I'm 43 inches tall and weigh 43 pounds which makes me in the 75th percentile for both.  I had two immunizations and didn't cry at all!  That's right...I didn't cry at all!  Mommy was so proud.  After the phlebotomist stuck my finger in the lab I held it together until I walked out and then tears just rolled down my cheeks.  I asked Mommy "Is anybody else gonna hurt me today?"  But I'm all ready to go to Kindergarten next year and I can't wait!

I'm super excited about next Friday!  I'm going to my very first big girl sleepover for cousin Mya's birthday.  After I got the invitation in the mail I was so excited and studied it for quite a while.  It's proudly displayed on my board!

Love,
Leah

No comments: