Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Very Last Day of Kindergarten

The last day of kindergarten (June 6, 2014) was a busy day.  Leah had her class awards, a picnic and field day.  We had a blast!

Leah won the "Skittles Award" and an attendance award.  The teacher recognized each student because of a trait they had.  The "Skittles" Award was for her class fashionista.  This particular girl in class who loved dressing up and wearing a bright array of colors and styles.  Mrs. Osborne didn't even have to say Leah won the award because all the classmates shouted "Leah!"  Her attendance award is for missing only 1 day of school!  She missed the 1 day because we went to visit her brand new baby cousin Elliot.

We had a lovely picnic outside.

And enjoyed the sunshine and company.

Do you remember Anthony?  Anthony and Leah rode the same bus in the mornings.  They're still buddies!

Field Day was after lunch.

Lots of fun silly games.

Leah had a blast!







They got to enjoy a snow cone to help cool off!

I was all ready with the camera to take a 'exiting the bus as a kindergartener for the last time' picture.  
I had envisioned a smiling energetic exit.  
I got a little girl brining home her school supplies!

So here is my smiling energetic 1st Grader!
I love her more than I ever imagined I could love.
I'm very proud of her.  
She can read, count money, count by 5s and 10s and write a sentence.
She's well on her way to being a First Year at the University of Virginia.
(But first we need to get through the first grade.)

No comments: