I fixed this for dessert last night and Paul loved it.
Icebox Key Lime Pie
from Cook's Country.com
Crust
8 whole graham crackers, broken
2 T sugar
5 T unsalted butter, melted
Filling
1/4 C sugar
1 T grated lime zest
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 C instant vanilla pudding
1 1/4 t unflavored gelatin
1 C fresh lime juice, 8 -9 limes
1 t vanilla extract
1. Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse crackers and sugar in food processor until finely ground. Add butter. Pat into a 9 inch pie plate and cake for 12-14 minutes. Cool.
2. Filling: Process sugar and zest until sugar is green. Add cream cheese and process. Add condensed milk and pudding mix and process until smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix gelatin with 2 T of lime juice and microwave for 15 seconds then stir until dissoved. Add to mixture than add remaining lime juice and vanilla. Process until smooth.
3. Pour into cool crust and cover with plastic wrap. Chill 3 hrs or up to 2 days.
Hope you guys enjoy it!
2 comments:
I copied this from the website. I love key lime pie. Is this one good? Some recipes I have tried are way too sweet.
I can personally attest to the fact that this pie is INCREDIBLE. (I was one of the neighbors who got to enjoy it last night!) Susan, the rest of the pie that you left for us is LONG GONE. :) So good!
Post a Comment