Thursday, May 27, 2010

Busy Week

Hey everyone,  Hope you're all doing ok. We're having a fun week!  Leah Kay has picked up on a new phrase this week.  "I go go beach!"  I don't think she remembers the beach or has any concept of the beach however her Daddy asked her if she wanted to go to the beach a few weeks ago and all week long Leah has been going out to her car aka GOGO and says "I go go beach!"  Yeah baby, I wanna go too!  July will be here soon!  

On Wednesday I passed my OCN exam!  I've been studying for it about 6 months now and it was so worth it!  I've not taken a test in such a long long time it was kind of scary but I enjoyed the review.  Lots of people have asked "What does OCN mean?"  Well the simple answer is Oncology Certified Nurse.  The exam is a general knowledge test of oncology patients and their unique care.  OCN is also a credential that I will have the right to use.  So I'm now a RN, BSN, OCN, yeah that's a lot of letters! If you're up for an in depth description check out www.oncc.org  It'll give you much more info than you'd ever want to know!  This certification also means that now I have to work really hard to keep it!  I'll have do lots of continuing education so that my knowledge grows and changes as research changes the medications, therapies etc that we use as an oncology nurse.  I'm very happy about my certification.

On another note...I made a cake this week. I'm very happy with my Knight Castle for George's 5th birthday cake!  Leah was my sous chef and opened eggs and poured the oil and water.
  

It was a fun cake to make!  


I think George likes it!

I hope everyone is doing well and has a fun weekend.  

Love,
Susan

No comments: