Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 Reason Why Paul Working 3-11 is a Good Thing

1.  I get the remote!  And I can watch Dancing with the Stars and don't have to listen to Paul complain about it!
2.  Leah and I get to go wherever and do whatever we want.
3.  I don't have to fix supper.  We made soup one night and it was awesome!  Fewer dishes too!
4.  Paul unloads the dishwasher every morning!
5.  I can go to a morning meeting at work and don't have to find someone to watch Leah.
6.  When work calls asking me if I want to work I always have an answer of "No" and I don't have any guilt about it.  Who else is going to come to my house at 10pm to keep Leah while she sleeps?
7.  Leah's bedtime routine is pretty good right now.  She doesn't say "I need a kiss from Daddy" and then turn around and say "I need a kiss from Mommy" to delay going to bed.  It's been really good the past 2 weeks.
8.  Evening walks are awesome!  And we've seen so many of our neighbors while we've been out.
9.  The no TV rule after supper and before bedtime is strictly enforced.  And I think it's part of #7.
10.  Paul seems to have more energy and though I don't think he'll say he likes it I think he does feel better.  8 hours of work is MUCH more humane than 12!!!

Now don't get me wrong, there are some things I don't like AT ALL!  Like coming home to a dark empty house.  But overall it's been ok.

1 comment:

KT-1 said...

I agree on the dark empty house. Usually I call Paul to say you're on the way ... and I knew there wasn't anyone to be home when you left here the other night. But I think if his schedule had to changed...it's the best it could change to - for now - especially while Little Girl is still at home during the day! 8 vs 12 is a great deal, too.