Monday, May 23, 2011

Airplanes



I wanna fly in a biplane!  


 Do you SEE the MAN STANDING on the biplane?  
The Wing Walker...He works for the power company for his full time job.


 What's that?

 5 People JUMPING out of a plane 1 MILE above us!!!!

 It was pretty cool watching them...

 ...float...

 ...gracefully back to earth.
(They were floating at 60 mph.)
Some of these servicemen (and a woman!) have done over 4,000 jumps!  WOW!

 And then the excitement began.  Now, we've been watching these jets fly over our house ALL week and then on Friday we went to the park to see them even better.  You'd think after watching them all week we'd be like "Nope, we're not going to watch the airshow...we've been watching it all week."  Well, let me tell you when the BLUE ANGELS have been flying all week long it makes you WANT to go even more than you'd think you want to go.  And when I asked Leah "Do you want to go see the airplanes?"  Leah said "YES!"
How am I supposed to say no?
Besides I remember the Blue Angels when they were in Lynchburg the last time... in 1982!
Maybe Leah will remember them from 2011.

 Getting ready to go!

 There they go!

 Smoke trail!



 There was the 6th jet behind us that Leah caught sight of and she wouldn't turn around and look at the 5 flying toward her for anything!

 It was just awesome!

 A hot sunny day makes for a tired little girl!

 All 6 pilots back safe and sound.

We had such a fun afternoon with Jenny and Terri.  We saw so many neat displays of aviation that make you really appreciate the talents of so many people.  

After the show a few planes were out to look at and a helicopter that Leah got to go into and 'fly'.  Of course I just left my camera with our seats with Jenny and Terri... oh well!!  Leah got to talk to 2 pilots of the airplanes that flew and she told them she wanted to go for a ride.  I just told her we'll go one day!  When we were walking along I asked Leah which plane did she want to ride and she told me "The blue ones!"  Oh course, why did I ask such a crazy question with such an obvious answer.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Loved the two of Paul holding Leah with the jets going over! Bet she will remember the jets!

KT-1 said...

Good pictures...Leah and her Daddy - watching the jets!