Gripe for just a minute...
Four year olds (and those that are a few days shy of being 4) are very hard to keep quiet for long periods of time. For example... Leah likes to play soccer and when it's raining outside she takes to kicking the ball indoors. And it's really stinky when ALL of your clothes and makeup and hair products are in the master bedroom/bath and you can't go in there without waking up the day sleeper! UGH. I need someone to come here this afternoon and help me move everything(!) out of the bedroom so I can function! I don't think anyone wants to see me without any product on my curls and clean clothes. 'Cause I don't wanna see that!
OK. I'm done now. It's just going to be a big change and we didn't have ANY time to prepare for this. We'll adjust. We did last year.
So thankfully Leah's awesome preschool St Andrew does a book in a bag project and today was Leah's turn to have it and bring it home. The book was The Mitten by Jan Brett. It's a beautiful book and all of her books are really pretty to look at and have a fun story. We've checked them out several times at our library and Leah seems to like them.
The project is to trace the mitten pattern and then to color it so it matches. Look at the pictures... Leah did it! She colored them the same! All the pink and red dots are basically in the same spots and are approximately the same size. Then after we colored the mittens we got to punch holes in them and sew a mitten together. I showed Leah how to thread the yarn thru one hole, them helped her with the next hole and she proceeded to do the rest. I was quite impressed with the skills Leah has now. And best of all this is a QUIET project :)
Leah and I were very proud of her project and took some pictures of it.
(Photography is kinda quiet!)
Close up!
Say cheese!





No comments:
Post a Comment