Jenny's Garden
Leah and Pa saying hello to Georgia May
Crabapples
Cool purple flowers Jenny grows every year. But I don't know the vine's name.
Pretty Sunflower
Pretty Sunflowers
Queen Anne's Lace (some people would call this a weed...however I think they're quite pretty)
Yesterday was a fun day. Leah and Paul went to church while I had a nap. Then we all went to Paul's parent's house for lunch to celebrate Paul's birthday. After cake Leah and I went to my work for a few minutes then on to Grandma Sue's and Jenny's house for supper. Leah enjoyed seeing all of Gigi's Moos (please note that my Daddy owns them and feeds them but they are clearly Gigi's cows as she can call them and get their attention!). Leah showed off some of her walking skills and new songs she knows. She ate black eyed peas for the first time that were grown in the garden this summer. (I ate one black eyed pea to confirm my dislike of them!) Leah also had squash, potatoes, okra, tomatoes, cucumber and snaps...she clearly enjoys a supper from the garden! After that we came home and we all went to bed after such a busy and family visiting afternoon and evening. We wish everyone a happy Monday and an uneventful week! Enjoy the humidity and heat of July!
Love,
Susan
2 comments:
Sounds fun! Love the new look on the blog, too! See you tomorrow? Email me or give me a call!i
Nice pictures! You even caught a bee on the sunflower! Enjoyed having ya'll for the garden dinner. Glad Leah knows that black-eyed peas are yummy!
Jenny
Post a Comment